PROGRAM FEE PHILOSOPHY:
- SFPAL places special emphasis on supporting and growing volunteers to serve kids in some of the most disadvantaged San Francisco communities, many of whom would otherwise not have access to extra-curricular activities or afterschool sports.
- The SFPAL is a 501c3 and receives no funding from the City of San Francisco.
- We keep our program fees low for participants in an effort to provide access to our services for as many kids as possible.
- Our registration fees cover only 20-25% of our direct program costs – SFPAL fundraises through individual donations, grants and events for the rest.
- Program registration fees for participants range from being free to $65 per year depending upon the sport.
- Other leagues/organizations typically charge 2-4 times as much as SFPAL with fees ranging from $70-$300+
- SFPAL provides services to all youth regardless of their ability to pay, and have a fee waiver/scholarship program in place for those in need.
- As an example, PAL provided scholarships for the $60 registration fee for over 75% of football/cheer participants this year.
- In 2011, with an increasingly depressed economy, PAL provided fee-waivers to more families and kids than at any time in the organization’s 50+ year history.
We partner with numerous organizations to ensure best practices for youth development including the Team Up for Youth, Positive Coaching Alliance, San Francisco Junior Giants, US Amateur Boxing ssociation, United States Judo Federation, San Francisco Boys and Girls Clubs and Pop Warner Football. We also work closely with City agencies such as the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department and the San Francisco Police Department.
U.S. Office of Emergency Services, San Francisco Police Officers Association, The Gap Foundation, Doris and Don Fisher, Lennar Urban, Northern California Carpenters Regional Council, Bode Gravel Company, GGS Foundation, Kimball Foundation